Staining End Table Number Two

It is now time to get started on staining end table number two. This one is going to be a little bit harder because there are some designs on it. I think this table was in rougher condition than the first one.




As you can see from the picture, there are a couple of spots where there are holes in the stain. Plus there were some good scratches on it from the cat trying to use it as a clawing post.








This is what the table looked like after I sanded it using a sander. The red spots that you are seeing is the original color of the table. It has been painted over several times. After smoothing it out, it is time to put the beige paint on.






As you can tell from the picture, I need to put a second coat of the beige paint on it. The red that was underneath is bleeding through. If I don't put a second coat on, it will bleed through on the stain and will look horrible. You would be able to tell where the red was and to me I wouldn't be happy with that kind of job.










Looking at the second picture you can tell that the red is no longer bleeding through by adding the second coat of beige paint. The table looks great and is ready to being staining.






I'm not pleased with the first coat of stain, as you can tell I made a little bit of a mistake and you can see a difference. Instead of using one long strong I used two medium ones and it started drying, therefore making that dark to light difference you can see.




By adding the second coat of stain, it made the dark to light spot better. You can still see it but it isn't as noticeable. The table looks a lot better now and once again I'm pleased with my work.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Ads 300 x 250

Total Pageviews