Staining End Table Number One.

As I was looking at my end tables in my living room, I noticed how bad they were looking. There was no way that I could afford to get new end tables, so I decided that I would try to stain them. I have stained furniture before and have enjoyed it. So I thought that I would try it again. After deciding on a color I got to work.


This is what the end table looked like before I did anything to it. As you can tell it was getting to look pretty worn out and run down. The stain was chipping and scratched. It was time to give this table new life.











Here is the table after I sanded it. It took about ten minutes to sand using a sander. I wanted to get as much as I could off with the sander. Not all of the old paint and stain came off, so I made sure that it was smooth, so it wouldn't peel.







Here is the table after the first coat of beige paint. You could still see some of the old paint and stain underneath, so I decided that it would be wise to put a second coat of beige on the table.










As you can see, the table looks a lot better after the second coat of beige paint was put on it. You can see none of the old color or stain showing through. Now I can begin staining.








Here is the table after the first coat of stain was put onto it. If you look closely you can see some of the beige showing through, so I get to put a second coat of stain on it. The stain I used was Minwax Polyshades in #375 American Chesnut Satin.





Here is my lovely table after the second coat of stain. I'm pleased with the way that it turned out. As you can tell the table looks a lot better and it "almost" looks brand new.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Ads 300 x 250

Total Pageviews